Here is how to make text into a clickable link using WordPress.
You may also like the McBuzz tutorial, “How to Upload and Link to a PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel or Other Document Using WordPress“.
1. Login to the WordPress Dashboard (administration interface). Create a new Post or Page, or open an existing Post or Page.
2. Use your cursor to highlight the text you want to make into a link.
3. With the text highlighted, click on the “chain link” icon.
4. The Insert/edit link dialog boxs opens.
Insert the URL for the new link. The easiest way to do this is to open another window or tab in your web browser. Navigate to the page you want to link to, and copy the URL from the address window of your browser. Then paste the URL into the Insert/edit link dialog box where it says “Link URL”.
You use the same technique to link to a separate document like a Microsoft Word document or a PDF. Creating a new URL for a Word doc or PDF requires another step. See the McBuzz tutorial, “How to Upload and Link to a PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel or Other Document Using WordPress“.
5. Choose “Open link in the same window” or “Open link in a new window”. If the link goes to a page in your website, it’s best to use “Open link in the same window”. If the link goes to another website, it’s usually best to use “Open link in a new window” so that your visitors don’t get confused about whose site they are on.
6. Give the link a Title. This is the text you will see when you roll your cursor over the link in the finished web page. It’s also important for search engine optimization. Be as specific as possible. Use keywords that you want to be associated with the page the link goes to.
7. Click the Insert button.
8. The text is now a link.
9. Be sure to click the Save button!
The new text link is finished. Be sure to test the link by clicking on it.
To edit an existing text link, open the Post or Page in the Dashboard. Highlight the text that is a link. Then click the “chain link” icon to open the Insert/edit link dialog box.
To remove a text link, highlight the text that is a link and then click on the “broken chain link” icon, the icon to the right of the “chain link” icon. Be sure to click the Save button!